Monday, January 14, 2008

Beginning

Magescape is a game which mixes platforms and puzzle. I'm doing it as my Final College Graduate Project.

I haven't know what to do since this summer, when I thought about it and decided I wanted to do something related to videogames. Because of having played Cave Story short time ago, I wanted to do a 2D game with "pixelated-old-school" sprites.

First I thought about an action and adventures game, with long story and so, but some friends convinced me of doing something simpler, with no story at all, because it requires a lot of time. At last I decided to make a puzzle-type game, with static maps, with the objetive of just going from one spot of the map to another to pass to the next level.

I spent august and september "playing" with combinations of graphic and physics engines: IrrLicht, Ogre with OgreMagic, Newton... but at last I found what I liked the most: SDL libraries and APE 2D physics engine, created for Actionscript and ported to C++ later.

No comments: